Who Will Maintain Your Site?
When we built a site for you, we give you two choices:
1. Use a Hosting Provider and Account of Your Choice
This means we do not bear any responsibility for the technical health of your website.
However, you may hire us for maintaining your website, making sure it is secured and technically up to date. This may or may not include an amount of changes performed to the content. Please contact u for a quote.
2. Host the Website With Us and Leave the Technical Details and Responsibility to Us
More than 90% of our clients use this option. The first year is free. It includes that you receive Editor access to the website, after a highly recommended introduction to the page builder and WordPress technology.
Why Are We Doing This?
Modern database driven websites consist out of a core software (like WordPress) and several additional pieces of software called themes and plugins. All are frequently updated to address improvements and bug fixes. The greates threat however, comes from hackers that examine the software and perform security breaches, resulting in hacked websites. We keep a close eaye on security bulletins that identify must-update plugins, themes, and WordPress versions and perform them ASAP.
Since we bear responsibility for the technical health of your website, we need to control the type of plug-ins used on your site. Unfortunately, there is no middle ground in this.
What About the cPanel?
Also the server control panel access remains in our hands only.
.The Difference Between Our Managed Hosting and Common WordPress Managed Hosting
Managed WordPress Hosting is very common nowadays. Especially companies like GoDaddy are trying hard to bring hosting customers onto their platform, claiming speed advantages.
Here Is the Truth About Managed WordPress Hosting
- The advantage exists only when compared to websites on common cPanel hosting that are not using any speed optimization. Our speed optimized sites typically beat GoDaddy’s Managed Hosting by some points.
- The use of plugins is often restricted on Managed Hosting.
- SSL certificates can cost extra.
- Providers usually update only the WordPress core, not the plugins and themes.
What We Do
- We optimize each installation.
- We include more plugins and monitor their security.
- SSL cerificates are free.
- We update the WordPress core, plus themes and plugins.